Sunday, November 20, 2011

Coast walk to Pentewan

Cornwall Trip - Day 4
After breakfast went down to the village store to get the Sunday paper, then set off for a walk north along the South West Coast Path to Pentewan.

It is an interesting section of coast, and I spend a little time exploring the derelict pilchard cellars in the tiny secluded cove at Portgiskey.

Portgiskey


Reach Pentewan in not much more than an hour and a half, skirting around the ghastly caravan site that dominates the bay in order to get to the village. Although less than three miles, this was my first 'proper' walk of the trip, and quite pleased that I managed it without any problems, although I brought too much clothing with me and got very hot carrying it all once I had to strip down to my t-shirt.

The Ship Inn, Pentewan
Lunch at The Ship Inn, Pentewan:
Pint of Tribute and a roast beef sandwich.

After lunch, explore Pentewan, including the harbour, lock, former ship channel and beach. Then walk up via The Terrace along the coast path to the top of the next cliff. Walk back down to the village and get the bus back to Mevagissey.

Walk: Mevagissey to Pentewan - 3 miles

Evening - couple of pints at the Fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment