A Nice day out at
Kew Gardens with John, Fiona, Katy and Dave. Fortunately, even though they are changing the rules on the free family passes for
Friends I was able to use my passes for this year to get them all in, but from next year I will only be able to use one per visit.
 |
| Xstrata Treetop Walkway |
 |
| Davies Alpine House |
Met up at the Kew Greenhouse Cafe near the station, then on to the gardens. We did most of the usual sites - Temperate House, Xstrata Treetop Walkway, Palm House, Waterlilly House, Rock Garden, alpine House, and Princess of Wales Conservatory. It has been a while since my last visit, so I had not experienced the treetop walkway before. It is quite impressive, though slightly alarming in the way it sways about slightly. Also, most of the trees there are chestnuts, so you don't see an awful lot of variation. The view is good though. Also, I had not seen the new Alpine House before. Nice design, but quite small, although the position on the edge of the Rock Garden is good.
We finished off the day with a drink at
The Railway pub by Kew Gardens Station.
No comments:
Post a Comment