Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Leaving Do

Another leaving do tonight - mine, actually.

I had my leaving 'do' tonight. A couple of days early, but I really didn't want to do it on my last day. Since I am taking my last official workday - Monday 31 October 2011 - as leave, my last day in the office will be Friday 28 October.

Very simple - drinks at The Colonies with current and former colleagues.

Attending: Jane, Jon, Jim, Jennifer, Kathy, John, Ian B, Guy B, Maria, Anthony, Clive, Lawrence, Gladys, Robert, Hazel, Dan, Stuart, Alex, Emma, Julie C, Ana, Fiona. Plus several other current colleagues who were also there for another leaving do from our directorate (too many people leaving at the same time). Apologies were received fom Julie B, Don, Asma, Louise, Janet etc.

I had a very good time, and was particularly pleased that former GOL people such as Lawrence, Guy, Fiona and Ana made the effort to come along. Shame that we hadn't realised until too late that the pub stopped serving food at 7pm on Wednesdays, which meant that I couldn't order a range of bar food to sustain us over the evening. So we had to make do with crisps and wasabi nuts.

(Aside: Several people were propositioned by a bloke at the bar claiming to be Russel Brand's father. Quite a strange thing to claim, whether it is true or not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment