Another evening of karaoke at the Kings Arms. Maybe its the beer, but I really enjoy this stuff. Tonight's theme was supposedly "boy-band vs. girl-band" although I don't think that I have ever thought of Rolling Stones as a boy-band. Nevertheles, there were some really good songs - the sort of song you haven't heard for years and then when you do you almost can't believe how good they are. Of course with karaoke some of the rendering is appaling, but some of tonight's was also pretty good, particularly the two guys belting out "Uptown Girl" particularly successfully and with not a little panache and vocal skill. I still have it running around in my head.
Wih the temperature today reaching 30 degrees C (apparently) the doors were open and there were a lot of customers out on the street. There were also a lot of people out & about, and it was amusing to see their reaction to the karaoke sound emanating from the pub. In many cases you could really see in the expression on people's faces that they were intrigued by what was going on, and in quite a few cases they stopped and peered in. A few actually did go inside, including a group of obviously foreign (French or Italian maybe?) youngsters (they really did look very young, certainly not more than 20 at the most). They stayed for over half an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment